- Preheat your Sous Vide cooker to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place one thawed Cornish hen in each bag.
- Inside of each bag place 2 tablespoons butter, 1/2 tablespoon orange juice, 1/2 tablespoon thyme , 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder , 2 teaspoons chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon lavender flowers.
- Vacuum seal each bag containing the Cornish hens with the spices.
- Place the bags – one at a time – into the circulating water of the Sous Vide Cooker making sure to attach the bags to the side of the pot using metal clips.
- Cook for four hours at 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Gently remove the Cornish hens from the bags. These are going to be hot – and want to fall apart.
- Place them on a cookie sheet – or you can use a cast iron flat grill.
- Brush the tops with 1 tablespoon melted butter and the peach preserves.
- Broil in the oven for 2 minutes – or until the top of the Cornish hens are golden brown. This is what causes the skin to turn crispy.
Note: Leaving the food in the Sous Vide Cooker longer than necessary does not ruin the food. If you get busy or just are not ready to serve what you cooked when it is done, just leave it alone just like you would a slow cooker.
- Method: Sous Vide
Keywords: sous vide cornish hen, easy cornish hen recipe, cornish hen sous vide, sous vide recipes, sous vide chicken