This grass fed beef sirloin tip roast is juicy and delicious with a cripy herb seasoned crust.
There are also links below to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Meat Does Not Overcook In A Sous Vide Machine
Do not worry if the sirloin tip roast cooks in the sous vide machine longer than six hours – because it will not overcook.
This makes using a sous vide machine to prepare your meals on those really busy days – or even while you are at work – a perfect solution.
For those who like their meat a little more well done, simply sear it longer than the recommended 5 to 6 minutes.
Here is my recipe.
- 2 to 3 pound grass fed sirloin tip roast
- 1 Tablespoon Herbs de Providence seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tablespoon butter (for the cast iron skillet )
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the sous vide machine to 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat the sirloin tip roast dry using paper towels.
- Sprinkle the top of the sirloin tip roast with half of the seasonings, then place it in the sous vide vacuum seal bag.
- Press the top of the sous vide vacuum bag to the top of the sirloin tip roast and turn the bag over.
- Sprinkle the other side of the sirloin tip roast with the remaining seasoning.
- Add the Liquid Smoke to the bag with the roast in it.
- Vacuum seal the bag.
- Place the vacuum sealed bag into the water bath and cook for 6 hours.
- Remove the sous vide bag from the sous vide cooker at the end of the 6 hours.
- Melt the tablespoon of butter in a cast iron frying pan over medium high heat.
- Carefully remove the sirloin tip roast from the sous vide bag at the end of the six hours and place in the cast iron skillet .
- Set the liquid left inside the sous vide bag aside to use for gravy or noodles.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until the outside of the roast is seared.
- Remove the sirloin tip roast from the cast iron pan, set it on a plate or platter and cover it with an aluminium foil tent .
- Allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve and serve immediately.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Top Round Roast Sous Vide Recipe
- Easy Sous Vide Cornish Hen Recipe
- Cocoa Spiced Sous Vide Pork Chops Recipe
- Best Oven Chicken Breast Recipe Using Cast Iron Skillet
- Easy Sous Vide Hamburgers
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.